DeViouS Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Victorian Time
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Medals and Nostalgic ramblings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pironious

Pironious

Cock Pushup Power : 34

Medals and Nostalgic ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Medals and Nostalgic ramblings   Medals and Nostalgic ramblings EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:50 am

Medals and Nostalgic ramblings Coansig

I felt like digging these out even though no one cares. Ah, the good old days.

I can't even remember what those medals were for. Pretty sure one was for exceptional valor, and another is basically a purple heart, the third some sort of combat service ribbon. I tried to go and find them, but it seems the Alliance who they're from has merged to form another and all the old stuff is no longer accessible.

As for Valk's Wings, they were basically the training division, more or less. Basically, people in that game could only fight people within a similar range to themselves, and the group was very top heavy. I, on the other hand, was a rather low strength player, because I fought in a lot of wars. And this game was more realistic than most, in that fighting wars does not boost your nation's strength. I was however very experienced, and more or less bugnuts crazy by most standards, in that I'd take a good fight over a chance to build up. But back to the original point, because they group was so top heavy, when the alliance got into a full scale war, there was a lack of nations around the strength range that was the largest band, which is where Valks Wings fit in.

Basically, we were going into a fight severely outnumbered, but knew we could count on financial support from our more powerful brothers and sisters post-war to rebuild. And I was the firebrand commander, in charge of teaching our little ones not how to fight, but how to fight in pairs so well they could fight 4-6 other players between them. Every little dirty trick I'd learned to exploit the numbers in that game and milk people for everything they'd gotten. And perhaps most importantly, keep morale up so that people didn't lose heart when they took the severe damage war does to someone.

Fun times. I had one hell of a reputation back then... of course, the game's gone to shit now, war is all nukes and bullshit and not the careful clever numbers game it once was...
Back to top Go down
Texthetexican

Texthetexican

Cock Pushup Power : 12

Medals and Nostalgic ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medals and Nostalgic ramblings   Medals and Nostalgic ramblings EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:29 am

I a so confused right now.
Back to top Go down

Medals and Nostalgic ramblings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DeViouS Gamers :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: